Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Holding Pattern

Not much to report tonight, I spent the day at home working on paperwork and made a nice dinner for Kevin and I. 

Steve spent the day resting after a good night's sleep.  Late afternoon he was transported to Prentice on the 15th floor, his old stompin' grounds.  He knew both his RN and his PCT, so he felt like a celebrity.  They are keeping pain and nausea meds going, and he said he feels better than yesterday.  Only one episode of vomiting.  I hope that clears quickly.  He did have Desferal overnight to keep chipping at the ferritin level. 

He asked for IV fluids and has been drinking water like mad. The surgical resident, Dr. Fronza, paid a visit today and said they are a go for Friday, but deferred to Dr. Altman's opinion once she returns in the office tomorrow and evaluates Steve's current level of health.  His hemoglobin is over 12.0....imagine.

Thanks to all of you for your words of concern, prayer and help.  I have been meaning to tell you how flabbergasted I am when I see or speak to people who not only read the blog, but can quote from it!  I've sure learned a lot about medical things, and even more about people.  Closing tonight with Steve's nap companion, our Chocolate Lab, Cooper.

5 comments:

  1. Sue---I haven't commented much but want you to know how great I think it is that you are recording all of this in a blog.... Your great love and sense of humor is the best medicine Steve can get.... I'm loving the photo of Cooper---could there be a better dog than a loving lab , trusting and unconditionally loving...Just know that you and Steve continue to be in my prayers...lots of people across the US (beyond the Big 10 even) who are pulling for him and you! Love, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh goodness... i haven't checked this in a week, i see i've missed a lot. i'm crossing fingers, toes & paws here that steve can still have surgery friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love you all very much and am glad Steve is feeling better! If you want or need company on Friday, let me know.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I haven't commented in such a long time (see hard drive crash and re-build by very dear brother-in-law) but talking on the phone and hearing your voice comforts me more. [Not that my comfort is of any consequence here for God's sake with all you're going through!]
    Will bring Chicken Scampi (AKA to Kev as death chicken) on Saturday as a post-op celebratory meal even if Steve can't be there to enjoy it! Our love and prayers-Kim & Dave

    ReplyDelete