Friday, August 27, 2010

Day +14 Mini-Update

His throat sounds much better this morning.  After Kevin and I left last night around 8, he fell soundly asleep in the recliner chair, just not reclined.  The nurse came in to draw blood and he asked why.  She said, "I always draw at 1 a.m." ZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

The doctors on rounds told him today that they are just waiting for his labs to pop *any* moment with signs that Mary's cells are engrafting.

WBCs this morning at .1, neutrophils TLTC, hemoglobin at 7.4, and platelets at 10.  He's already had a bag of platelets this morning.  His brother was due to deliver a smoothie at any time when I spoke to him a few minutes ago.  Let's hope he is at the edge of his rally!

2 comments:

  1. Keep the good news coming, even if the entire process is slow-going! I'm sure minutes these days seem like days. Keeping all of you in my prayers. Stay positive!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, thanks for the updates Sue. We're all with your whole family in spirt and saying lots of prayers for all of you. I've shared your blog with the folks here at work to whom I've been giving updates on this journey. Let me know if there's anything you need, anything I can do. If Kev needs anything during the day or after school, send him my way! Debbie

    ReplyDelete