Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wild Wednesday

Steve's intrathecal/spinal tap and chemo got rescheduled to today after we both (DUH) realized he needed a driver to get him home on Monday and no-gots.  Molly will drive Ms. Daisy home from Northwestern.  After the tap, Steve has to rest flat on his back for 2 hours.  I find humor in the people watching, the overheard conversations, and, like the last time, the incredible phlegm-ing noises heard within close range.  The Interventional Radiology Department at NW is like the control tower at O'Hare during a thunderstorm.  Tap @ 2.

I am interviewing @ 3 at the University of Chicago.  Obama is in the 'hood today, so I am hoping they don't have even more streets closed off in Hyde Park for security.  No worries, I'll go early and grab a coffee or people watch.  If I see him, I'm going for a body bump.  My Mom is making dinner for us tonight, it will be nice to eat at her home.

Had some of "those" talks this morning with Steve.  Made changes at Chase.  Talked about passwords.  We have been lying to the staff at NW every time he is admitted about having power of attorney and advance directives.  Friday we will tell the truth and fill out the forms. We are planning for the worst and hoping for the best.  Full speed ahead....

No comments:

Post a Comment