Friday, August 13, 2010

'Twas the Night Before Transplant....

when all through the house
not a creature was stirring,
'cause I just drugged the dog


Hey!  It was prescription meds, his allergies are buggin' him, don't judge!  I can't believe I haven't mentioned our Lab Cooper yet!  When we got in the door tonight, my hands hadn't yet been washed, so I grabbed his muzzle and let him get a good drag of Steve's scent, along with "where's Dad??"  Coop, always the family man, wagged his tail in glee to have a quick sniff of Steve.


Kevin and I spent a very nice, long evening downtown.  Arrived around 6, left very late at 10:30.  Kev is just now getting comfortable visiting the hospital.  This has been really, really rough on him.  He likes the independence of going by himself to the 2nd floor market, my AmEx card in hand, and buying treats for Dad.  I love having him fetch me an iced tea too, won't lie.  Steve, to quote Molly, is "eating like a fat kid."  (Apologies to my zaftig friends.) He ate a HUGE twice-baked potato tonight, along with various baked goods.  For lunch he ate a Jimmy John's sub, bag of chips, and I believe some cookies.  His taste buds are still with him, at least for now.  By the way, he ordered in the Jimmy John's.  


Steve walked and rode the bike today.  He is still on the Klonopin, and I feel the beginning of his chemo crash has started.  He did smile while talking about the hottie night nurse, so that part of his brain is not affected by the narcotics.  


We will know for sure in the early morning on Friday just when Mary's cells will go up and Steve will have a second chance at life!!  I will attempt to blog during the day as I can, it is supposed to be incredibly dull and anti-climatic after all he has been through.  


And I heard him exclaim
As we drove out of sight
A New Birthday for me
And a healthy new life!!


4 comments:

  1. Steve, my thoughts and prayers are with you for the transplant tomorrow. I will see you soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you guys!! Stay strong!! Lots of prayers and good vibes coming your way!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its going to be a good day! Prayers and positive vibes coming to you from me, dave, spencer and isabelle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Birthday to Steve! Hope all goes well, sending healthy vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete